The Senior Events Fundraising Officer reports to the Head of Public Fundraising and sits within the Community & Events Fundraising Team.
Line manager Head of Public Fundraising
Location Flexible working with time split between the London office and at home with three days in the London office and two days at home.
Hours a week 35
Application closes: 29th November 2021
Responsible for developing and delivering Cure Parkinson’s events, including challenge, community, special events and virtual campaigns. This role will plan and deliver a calendar or events, and project manage a range of projects and campaigns to maximise income and increase our number of supporters. The role will also support individuals and groups that are organising or taking part in an event to raise money for Cure Parkinson’s.
- To support the Head of Public Fundraising in maximising fundraising income from Challenge Events to ensure targets are achieved, events are delivered to budget and sufficient income is received to support the activities of Cure Parkinson’s.
- Oversee the running and cycling challenge event program, delivering income growth by maximising current and new opportunities.
- Build strong working relationships with third party event organisers and work with the Head of Public Fundraising to recommend investment into new overseas/UK challenge events where appropriate for our supporter base.
- Ensure marketing and sponsorship requirements for events are briefed into the relevant teams accurately and on time and progress work plans, timelines and deadlines accordingly.
- Provide outstanding stewardship of our supporters, motivating and inspiring individuals with their fundraising.
- Recruit and co-ordinate volunteers for events, where necessary.
- Support individuals and clubs taking part in Golf activities for Cure Parkinson’s, including supporting Golf Captains who have chosen Cure Parkinson’s as their Charity of the Year.
- Review and develop Cure Parkinson’s Golf fundraising materials, and work with the Head of Public Fundraising to increase the number of golf clubs that support Cure Parkinson’s.
- Support Local Fundraising Committees with advice, fundraising materials, and where necessary event organisation support.
- Work with the Head of Public Fundraising to review processes for community fundraising, providing recommendations that improve and enhance the supporter experience.
- Identify where promotion is needed for campaigns and events, and work with the communications team to secure coverage in local press, or via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, E-News and the website.
- Liaising with high-net worth individuals and committees.
- Coordinating ticket sales and donations keeping an accurate budget of income and expenditure
- Liaising with the communications team regarding event literature, media coverage and sponsors requirements
- Managing Cure Parkinson’s team and volunteers
- Evaluating post event success and reporting outcome to team and committee.
Things we all do:
- Support Cure Parkinson’s events and activities as required, which will include occasional evening and weekend work.
- Ensure the identification of risk, both physical and financial, relating to fundraising activities and to ensure that they follow COVID-19 guidelines and GDPR and data protection regulations.
- Work with fundraising colleagues to ensure the team is up to date on administrative and financial processes, including updating Donorfy.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation, providing support, advice and guidance where necessary.
- Be an effective ambassador for the charity.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our work.
- Take on other responsible tasks, as required.