Cure Parkinson’s (CP) research committee meets four times per year usually held in January, March/April, June/July, and October to assess the scientific quality of research applications received into the charity.
We are currently inviting expressions of interest from the following:
- clinician scientists either from the Parkinson’s research community or from the neurological research arena
- pre-clinical scientists specialising in Parkinson’s
- statisticians and trial design experts
Please send an expression of interest and a short CV the research team.
Expressions of interest are sought from committed individuals who have relevant experience and expertise to become research committee members.
Our research committee members demonstrate the following qualities:
- A commitment to the mission and objectives of CP to fund research into a cure for Parkinson’s
- A productive track record in research
- Breadth of knowledge
- Experience in contributing to a peer review process
- An understanding of Parkinson’s
- Recognition of the urgency that CP brings to its work
- Respect for diversity
It is preferred to hold research committee meetings in person, but meetings are also arranged remotely via Zoom. Committee members are asked to comment on each application being considered. If unable to attend for any reason, committee members are requested to provide comments on the applications being considered and these comments are tabled by the committee chair.
Meeting dates for 2023:
- Thursday 20th April
- Thursday 22nd June
- Thursday 2nd November
Travel expenses are reimbursed.
All research committee members are expected to sign the charity’s non-disclosure agreement and abide by the charity’s conflict of interest policy and declare any private, professional or commercial interests that might or might be perceived to conflict with the work of the research committee.
A shortlist of candidates will be drawn up and the chair of the research committee and the Cure Parkinson’s executive will speak to each candidate. Successful candidates will be invited to join by the chair of the research committee.
We look forward to receiving applications.