Cure Parkinson’s is committed to fundraising in an honest and transparent way. We are not funded by the Government and rely on the generosity of our supporters to be able to fund pioneering Parkinson’s research.
With your help, we will find a cure for Parkinson’s.
Our commitment to you
As a supporter of Cure Parkinson’s, you are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe that donating should be a positive and rewarding experience.
Below we outline the promises we make to our supporters.
We have high standards
- We adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice
- We monitor volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this promise
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising
- We display the Fundraising Regulator badge on fundraising materials to show we are committed to good practice
We are clear, honest, and open
- We are clear about who we are and what we do
- We do what we say we are going to do with the donations we receive
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and the financial arrangement transparent
- We can explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause
We ensure our complaints process is clear and easily accessible:
We are respectful
- We respect your rights and privacy. Your data is safe with us. We take our obligations very seriously and we will never sell your data to third party organisations
- If you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are accountable and responsible
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us, and our Fundraising Team is on hand to help answer any queries you may have
- If we make a mistake, we will apologise and do everything to put things right. However, if we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication
- We monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data with the Fundraising Regulator on request.