Join walkers Bill Bucklew and John MacPhee in an epic challenge to help raise awareness and funds for the 1.1 million people living with Parkinson’s in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Walkers and friends Bill Bucklew from the United States and John MacPhee from the United Kingdom have joined up to take on a 670-mile (or 1.1 million metres) epic walk from John o’Groats to London, all to raise awareness and funds for the 1.1 million people living with Parkinson’s across the US and the UK.
They’ll set off on Tuesday 14 September, and must walk an average of 40 miles each day until they reach London. Bill is topping the challenge off in style by running the world-famous London Marathon on Sunday 3 October.
You can join them and walk as little or as much as you can; every step you take will raise vital awareness and funds for Parkinson’s.
The Long Walk for Parkinson’s is a first of its kind of collaboration, whose mission is to help people living with Parkinson’s to live their best life possible, while we all work together to find a cure.
- Walk 40 miles a day
- 17 days back-to-back
- John o’Groats to London
- Finish by running the London Marathon
- Complete 670 miles, or 1.1 million metres for the 1.1 million people living with Parkinson’s in the US and the UK
- Raise $1.1 million for Parkinson’s charities in the US and the UK
- Be joined by walkers across the UK and make friends along the way
How to join in
You can join Bill and John at any point on the route and walk with the team in your local area. Find out where they’ll be on each day by visiting The Long Walk for Parkinson’s website here.
- Day 1: John o’Groats to Berriedale
- Day 2: Berriedale to Dornoch Bridge
- Day 3: Dornoch Bridge to Inverness
- Day 4: Inverness to Kincraig
- Day 5: Kincraig to Blair Atholl
- Day 6: Blair Atholl to Bridge of Earn
- Day 7: Bridge of Earn to Edinburgh
- Day 8: Edinburgh to Selkirk
- Day 9: Selkirk to Longtown
- Day 10: Gretna to Shap
- Day 11: Shap to Lawkland
- Day 12: Lawkland to Huddersfield
- Day 13: Huddersfield to Chesterfield
- Day 14: Chesterfield to Loughborough
- Day 15: Loughborough to Northampton
- Day 16: Northampton to St Albans
- Day 17: St Albans to London
If you have any questions about joining the route, timings on any of the walking days or how to sponsor or donate to the team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 487 3892.